We are in need for some volunteers at the Parish that can occasionally help us with our programs. Below are volunteer descriptions for some volunteer ministry:
The person who might read the First reading, Second reading, or the Prayers of the faithful. You must have a clear reading voice, and attend a training to learn how to properly project your voice in the cathedral. Lectors are scheduled to read at the mass they most like to attend.
The usher hands out bulletins to arriving parishioners and welcomes all to the cathedral. The usher/hospitality gets to know those coming in that are new. Helps direct people to the restrooms during mass, or helps with whatever a person needs.
Hands out the eucharist during communion or the cup during communion. To volunteer in this position you must go to a training to learn the proper way of distributing the body and blood of Christ.
All are welcome to volunteer in both our English choir and Spanish choirs. English choir rehearsal is every Wednesday evening at 7:00 pm in Loyola Hall. The Spanish choir rehearsal is every Thursday evening in the second floor conference room. If you like to sing with a great group of people, no audition is necessary.
Responsibilities include implementing and coordinating the catechumenate. This person more often than not has professional ministerial formation or religious education.
The responsibilities are as follows:
To commit myself to personal growth in faith.
To enrich my knowledge and catechetical skills by participation in catechist formation and spiritual renewal activities offered in the parish.
1. Communicating the message of our faith.
2. Leading participants to a deeper connection with liturgy and worship
3. Promoting moral formation.
4. Teaching to pray.
5. Building Christian community
6. Motivating participants to mission and service. To teach the curriculum of our parish, using my
catechetical text as primary resource. To prepare weekly one hour lesson plan incorporating
varied methods suitable for my group. To arrive at least 15 minutes before my session begins,
organized and prepared to teach.
To participate in catechist meetings for planning, sharing, prayer and community building.
To love, respect, and pray for the children of my group to the best of my ability.
To develop a partnership with parents through sharing, communication, and special
catechetical events offered by the parish.
Volunteer in the Office of Social Ministry
Contact Sharon Miller firstname.lastname@example.org for specific tasks to volunteer for.
Help out with the quarterly Engaged encounters, either in the kitchen preparing breakfast and lunch, or with the classes that are in both Spanish and English.
Office staff volunteers:
Helps with filing, fills in at the receptionist desk answering phones, data entry and general office tasks.
1. PARISH OFFICE We need two volunteers to help with a clerical task in the parish office on Tuesday mornings twice a month (every other week) from 9:00am to approximately 12:00pm.
2. HOSPITALITY HOSTS after 8:30 Mass. This requires buying bagels and donuts and bringing them to church (we can reimburse you for the costs). Set up the coffee to brew before Mass. Leave Mass after communion to put the food out before people start arriving. Clean up and put everything away when it's over. We have one team in place already and ideally it would be good to have three teams so that the rotation would be once every three weeks.
Complete the form below if you are interested.